Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2013

Homework for the weekend of October 26

This weekend you will need to download the app Venn Diagram onto your iPad if you were not able to do so in class today.

Read pages 302-308 about the collapse of the Roman empire and the Han Dynasty.  As you read, create a venn diagram in the app in which you compare and contrast the underlying causes of the collapse.

I do not believe that you can export the final product to anything other than email, so once you have completed the venn diagram, screenshot it and post the image to your blog.

There is an annual tradition in AP World to dress up for Halloween for extra credit points on the next quiz.  The rules are simple:

1) Come in lame costume of some type and get 1 point. (I'm wearing a Red Sox hat: I'm Dustin Pedroia!)

2) Come in a good costume of some type and get 2 points (I've got a hat, beard and jersey! I'm Dustin Pedroia!)

3) Come in costume as a historical figure and get 3 points. (I've got a beard, crown, toga-ish dress and strappy sandals! I'm Cleopatra!)

costumes should cost as little as possible (read: do not go out and buy/rent some elaborate get up!), not include overt weaponry, (read: even if the person used a weapon, leave it at home...)  and be school appropriate (read: Don't do the following: I'm only wearing a carpet! I'm Cleopatra when she met Julius Caesar!)

The quiz will be on Halloween day and will cover the contents of chapter 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment