Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2011

Homework for September 30 "get my passport and I'm gonna go there,"

Over the weekend, your assignment is to read the selections from The Analects that are linked here. They are all about how to have a good government. Choose one of the selections (they are all short selections) that you think would be useful to members of the US government. Post your choice on your blog and then explain why you think it would be useful to modern American politicians. (You can talk about the presidential candidates as well as already elected officials. The entire Analects is linked here, along with the original Chinese characters; scroll through it to get a sense of the breadth and depth of Confucianism.

You also need to complete the first participation self-survey, linked here. This is designed for you to tell me how you think you are doing in the class as far as discussions go. I will look over your response and agree or disagree with you to let you know how I'm seeing you in class. Then we can debate whose reality is accurate...Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I can't get the participation self-survey to open on my ipad possibly because my internet is currently slow, but, I'm going to try it again tomorrow when I have computer access... (Everything else worked)

    ReplyDelete