Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Friday, May 17, Post Exam

Congratulations on finishing the test!  Sorry to not be with you in class on Friday; I have some family business to take care of today. (And when I say "family business" I don't mean the running of landfills in New Jersey-type of family business, if you follow me...)

So for today, I have two things I'd like you to do while you are in class.

1) Write me a blog post about the exam.  How did it go? hard, easy, moderate?  Were you surprised by anything? Did you feel prepared? Unprepared?  What needs to be different/stay the same about the review?  We will do a course review at the end, so I'm mostly interested in knowing your response to the exam at this point while it is fresh in your memory so I can think about next year's preparation and make it better... (cricket and politics??? Columbian Exchange with Americas and Europe??? un-freakin-believable...I'm feeling a nasty letter to the College Board coming on...). This will be a homework grade, and must be done by the end of the period on Friday. (and if you are dismissed for the prom, you still need to have it done, just do it for homework.)

2) Create a final Posterous post in your class' space.  Your task is to find an image that you think sums up world history as we've talked about it and explain why you chose it. (Let's see what you do with that, you Harry Potter fans...)  You may work on this in class and get it out of the way, or finish it over the weekend. This will be a project grade. I won't be looking at anything until I get back, so relax and take your time....

I know the question on all of your minds: Where do we go from here?

I'll tell you more about it next week, but we will begin a game called May Madness that will involve determining who the greatest leader of all time is based on role play, debate, lackeys/minions, costumes, props, and a bracket system of head-to-head challenges...

The best news, though, is that you are done with essays, done with tests, done with quizzes, done with note-taking (except as you want to do opposition research...) Enjoy your weekend, and for those of you going to the prom have a safe and fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment